Hälsingland – by the lake, beside the trees
The Swedish jazz guitar giant Göran Klinghagen has arranged some of the classic Swedish folk music tunes and plays them with the German ensemble he has been working with during the last decade. Singer Fola Dada has written new texts to evergreen folk songs and performs them in Swedish, German and English.
This gives us a fresh approach to these pieces, quite well known to the Swedish audience who have been treated to classical versions of them by Lars Gullin, Jan Johansson and many other great Swedish artists.
“It’s just a vision, a sound, a picture of a quiet lake or a tree waiting for something to start … a melody created by it’s surrounding nature, just pick it up and use it to celebrate life … transform it into something from the inside, trying to be a tool and tell the story like it is … maybe poetry … maybe not … maybe the story that we deeply understood when we were born, by the lake, beside the trees, in the Universe.
- Uti vår hage (Reasons to live) (2:34)
- Då väntar jag vid vägarna (Road to my heart) (4:30)
- Visa vid vindens ängar (The gift of life) (4:00)
- Visa från Rättvik (Mensch) (5:13)
- Allt under under himmelens fäste (Forlorn) (5:29)
- De sålde sina hemman (Hope) (3:58)
- Visa vid midsommartid (Dream) (4:39)
- Jag vet en dejlig rosa (5:44)
- Hälsingland (2:48)