Bitter Funeral Beer Band: Praise Drumming (LP)
The second Bitter Funeral Beer Band album was recorded in 1986 and released in 1987 on the Swedish Dragon label. They have promised to put it out on CD but it has not happened yet, so it’s not streamable or downloadable yet. BUT…..
Today, on October 2 2017: A knock on my door and suddenly two boxes arrived from Dragon Records with the CD release of the second album w Bitter Funeral Beer Band, “Praise Drumming”. The album was recorded and mixed with Jan-Erik Kongshaug at the Rainbow Studio in Oslo in 1986 and has been very hard to find on vinyl. Moreover it has one of the most beautiful covers ever, created by Gittan Jönsson.
- Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Percussion – Björn Hellström
- Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion – Sigge Krantz
- Bass Guitar, Percussion – Thomas Huhn
- Cello, Percussion – Matthias Helldén*
- Cover [Front] – Gittan Jönsson
- Drums, Percussion – Tomas Mera Gartz*
- Electric Guitar, Violin, Percussion – Tord Bengtsson
- Mastered By – Rune Persson
- Percussion – Liselotte Norelius*
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Kärsti Stiege
- Producer, Liner Notes – Bengt Berger
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Jan-Erik Kongshaug*
- Tenor Saxophone, Percussion – Ulf Wallander
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Percussion – Thomas Gustafson
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion – Bengt Ernryd
- Trumpet, Percussion – Tommy Adolfsson
- Vocals, Amadinda, Xylophone, Percussion – Anita Livstrand
- Xylophone [Ko-Gyil], Amadinda, Percussion – Bengt Berger
Recorded at Rainbow Studio, Oslo, Norway, March 25 and 26, 1986.
The ornaments on the cover painting are derived from Ashanti Kente-cloth patterns. They all carry a meaning.