Ahmet ‘Haci’ Tekbilek is the internationally wellknown master of the ney, mey, oud, saz, surna, bagpipe, kaval and almost any instrument used in traditional turkish music. Haci has lived in Sweden since 1974 but this is his first cd in his own name and with musicians of his own choice. We have recorded him with his favourite swedish and syrian musicians living in Sweden. We also traveled with Haci to his native Adana to record with fantastic Romani and other musicians from several local traditions, even recording his ney flute inside the turkish bath, the Hamam.
Have a taste of Haci’s mixture, his Türlü:
“Whatever transpired, something spiritual occurred to put a giddying spin on the track that closes out one of the most beautiful albums of 2010.”
– From a great review in AAJ!
- Death Is God's Command/Ölüm Allahın Emridir (11:26)
- Candied Apples/Elmali Seker (1:08)
- Il Helwa Di (5.19)
- In Memory of Kazim Sanri/Feryad Kazim Sanri Dan (7:22)
- Ellika's Türlü Spice/Stjuls Ellikadan Türlye Baharat (4:16)
- Coffee Making/Sürüverin Cezveler (6:25)
- Evc-Ara Maqam/Evc-Ara Makami (3:51)
- Devran Babani's Address/Devran Babanin adresi (5:11)
- Il Qalb Yashak Kolli Gami (6:27)
- Small Street/Daracik Sokaklar (3:46)
- Misty Hamam/Hamam Bohari (3:41)
Haci Tekbilek, Devran Baba, Mustafa Onurbas, Yasar Basözdes, Muhammer Basözdes, Veysel Basözdes, Suat Basözdes, Ramazan Basözdes, Erdal Kirtu, Mustafa Tanman, Serkan Böyür, Zurnaci Deniz, Fikret Sabirtasli, Ölcan Kusçu, Saad Al Masri, Ziad Aslan, Robert Abda, Sinan Slewa, Ellika Frisell, Jonas Knutsson, Sigge Krantz, Per Lennert, Rafael Sida, Mats Öberg, Hakan Gedik, Eser Kurt, Bülent Ecevit.
Nominated for a swedish Manifest Award 2011
TÜRLÜ was 16 on the WME list in july 2010.